Monday, December 31, 2001

Vivification: The Middle


Toil turns to craft,
as time leads to achievement.
Each success is matched
with advancement.
The resulting compensation –
more meaningful than merely monetary –
is beyond sufficient.

At home, experience leads me to know,
and knowledge enables me to lead.
New begins to become old.
The things I’ve lived in my life,
I watch in New’s unfold.

Things with Other are going smoothly too.
Next month makes 15 years since
we said “I do.”
I’m certain that more than
15 more will henceforth happily ensue.

It seems all is going well.
I have everything I’ve wanted.
And yet, the thought that this is all there is,
it often leaves me haunted.

I know not what is lacking for my satisfaction.
I have what I want and with family, all is great.
What is lacking isn’t easy to name.
I suppose it consists mainly of passion.

Still, there’s little I would change.
And I’m not unhappy;
I guess I’m just feeling a tad plain.
But I’ll live just as I have,
and I’ll be happy too.
Perhaps all I need is a
redefined appearance or a vehicle new.

- Jeffrey Grimm Blake, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment