Monday, December 31, 2001

Vivification: The Addition


The Guardians are now gone
and I am left alone.
Everything feels empty and cold
in the new place I’ve come to call home.

I’m there seldom enough that it doesn’t seem too bad.
I’m usually off learning still,
though specifics now - relating to my toil.
I’m baffled at that situation – my constant turmoil:
I’m given education for my vocation,
yet I must toil to earn to learn.

It all takes such time
and I’m left feeling so alone.
I regret that the Guardians are gone.
It seems home is not home.
All of it feels empty
because I am so alone.

Then, at the institute, it happens.
I meet her and
She is better than anything I could fathom.

Now two become one;
and soon make three.
A path is chosen.
The Future seems complete.

The New doesn’t understand
this world.
Thus it becomes
my job to teach.

Once the Protected,
I have become the Protector.
Experience, it seems,
changes everything in this world.

- Jeffrey Grimm Blake, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment