Monday, December 31, 2001

Vivification: The Development


A world still new,
though it is now all I know.
I still see her often,
though infrequently I am left alone.
The noises - voices - were making words.
And I am beginning to learn them.
As strange as they are, I have found
that I can mimic - actually create - these sounds.

I am now accustomed to the brightness,
though their powerful, beautiful structures of luminicity
are far beyond fascinating to me.
Each day is filled with scenes and sights
completely new to me,
and colors I had never imagined.

That any world can be this large -
this full of amazing sights and sounds,
that this world has such astonishing things abound -
is almost beyond my comprehension.

Still, I take it all in and continue to learn.
I am fascinated, astounded, and amazed.
But I'll observe as I develop and grow.
Eventually, I hope, I will know
enough of this world to live
strong and capable within it.
As strange as this world is, that may be my crowning achievement.

- Jeffrey Grimm Blake, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment