Monday, December 31, 2001

Vivification: The Beginning


Warmth - Dissipating;
Light, far too bright - Alarming;
Familiar comforts - Disappearing;
Strange noises, voices - Disarming.

Where is this?
What has happened to me?
Somehow I have lost
all that I have ever known to be.
How could it be that Everything has changed?
I've never known such fear!
The world has never been this strange!

Yet, in my despair and fright and fatigue, it happens.
One of the voices, I seem to recognize,
and one or two of these beings are trying to comfort me.
Some warmth returns as I am covered in an unknown material
and placed in giant arms.
I sense this being will protect me.
Here, I feel safe from harm.

The sounds grow softer and less disturbing.
Still I feel I know the voice of this being.
I am sure it was with me before -
in my life other.
In these arms of comfort, I finally sleep
and in my dreams, the noises become words.
And I know that I did know her before.
She was with me always -
though I saw her not.
She was there - in fact, everywhere -
in the beginning before this beginning.
In this knowledge of safety, I rejoice.

- Jeffrey Grimm Blake, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment